|Department of Public Health & Preventive Medicine:||
1. Multipurpose Health Supervisor (Female Training School)
This training is given to the Village Health Nurses of Primary Health Centres based on their seniority. The Training is conducted at Multipurpose Health Supervisor (Female) Training School, Triplicane, Chennai-5. The duration of the training is six months. The candidates appointed upto 20.11.72 are selected for the training course.
2. Multipurpose Health Worker (Female) Training Course
The duration of training is 1 1/2 years. The training course is conducted at the Multipurpose Health Worker (Female) Training Schools of Kancheepuram, Ramanathapuram, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Tirunelveli Medical College Hospital, Tirunelveli Durgabai Deshmukh hospital, Chennai and Kasturiba Hospital, Gandhigram. The candidates from among the Destitutes, Deserted wives, Widows and Anganwadi workers of ICDS and Community Nutrition Workers in TINP are selected for training course. The intake of students for each school is 30. The state level selection committee consisting the Director of Municipal Administration, Project Co-ordinator, TINP. The Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Project Director, IPPV are selecting the candidates of ICDS and TINP based on the seniority and the candidates from among the Destitutes, Widows and Deserted wives are selected by the Selection Committee of the concerned training schools based on the community notation.
The selected candidates for the training course have to undergo the training at the training schools concerned for a period of 1 year and they have to undergo field practice training at Rural Health Training Centre, Primary Health Centres for a period of six months.
TRAINING FOR MEDICAL OFFICERS:
This training is for one month conducted at Regional Training Institutes namely (1) Health and Family Welfare Training Centre, Egmore, Chennai (2) Health and Family Welfare Training Centre, Madurai (3) Health Manpower Development Institute, Villupuram (4) Health and Family Welfare Training Centre, Gandhigram, (5) Institute of Public Health, Poonamallee, (6) HMDI, Salem. This training is funded by DANIDA and the deputation orders are issued by Deputy Director of Health Services responding to call letters from the Principals, Regional Training Institute based on the training calender.
This training is for one week and it is conducted by Anna Institute of Management and funded by DANIDA. The Deputy Director of Health Services depute Medical Officers and the training schedule is fixed up in consultation with training coordinator, Anna Institute of Management.
This training is for 3 weeks presently conducted at Anna Institute of Management, Chennai. For this training the Medical Officers have to get their T.A. and D.A. from their respective salary head and Deputy Director of Health Services to depute the Medical Officers for the above training.
The above three training are compulsory for a Medical Officer who were appointed after December, 1995 for their declaration of probation.
Pre Service Field and Laboratory Assistant Training
For this training candidates are selected from employment exchange by Deputy Director of Health Services and the list is finalised by Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine. This training is for 6 months conducted at Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses, Hosur, Institute of Public Health, Poonamallee, Fileria Office, Chengleput.
This training is also given to Malaria and Filaria Mazdoors and Head Mazdoors based on the G.O.Ms.No.321, Health and Family Welfare (P.1 Department, dated 29.6.1999).
Orientation Training to Health Inspector Grade-1B
This Orientation training is given to the Health Inspector Grade.IB (formerly Leprosy Inspectors merged with Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine) at the 6 Regional Training Institutes and at Vector Control and Zoonoses, Hosur funded by DANIDA and Health Society.
Public Health Training and Continuing Education
1. Multipurpose Health Workers (Female) Training Course.There are 5 multipurpose Health Workers (F) Training School attached to the District head Quarters Hospitals at Kancheepuram, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram and Tirunelveli Medical College. 30 candidates every six months are admitted in each school. Government have issued orders in G.O. Ms. No. 321 Health and Family Welfare dated 07.09.2001 for relaxing the age limit for the selection of the Multipurpose Health Worker (F) Training Course. Processing is being made to start the course according to the Government Order.
2. Multipurpose Health Supervisor (F) Training Course. The Government order has been received for the conduct of Multipurpose Health Supervisors (F) training to Village Health Nurse (6 months course). A sum of Rs.75,000/- has been alloted for each year towards stipend to the trainees (Rs.250/- per trainee).
3. Pre-service Field and Laboratory Assistants Training Course. The Pre-service Field and Laboratory Assistants Training Course of 6 months duration is being conducted at Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses, Hosur and at Central Malaria Laboratory of the Directorate to the candidates sponsored through the Employment Exchange. After completion of the training the candidates are appointed as field and laboratory assistant.
During the year 2000-2001, 47 candidates have been admitted for the training course.
4. Orientation Training Programme for Medical and Paramedical Personnel Staff. Orientation Training Programmes are conducted for the Medical and Para Medical Staff in the Health and Family Welfare Training Centres, Egmore, Madurai, Gandhigram. 540 candidates Medical and Para Medical Staff were trained in all the three training centres during 2000-2001.
5. Training Course for Newly Recruited Assistant Surgeons. The newly recruited Assistant Surgeons have to undergo the following training courses.
1. One month induction training at IPH Poonamallee, Health & Family Welfare Training Centre at Gandhigram, HMDI, Villupuram and Salem on Public Administration is given.
2. One week training at Anna Institute of Management on Management.
During the year 2000-2001, 241 Assistant Surgeons have been deputed to undergo the Management Training at Anna Institute of Management.
6. Regional Training Institute of Public Health, Tiruvarankulam. The Institute is giving training to the male components of Field Health functionaries of Public Health Department. During 2000-2001, a total of 180 candidates were trained.
7. State Training Cell. For effective planning, implementation, monitoring and management of Public Health Training and Continuing Education, a State Training Cell has been established in the Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Chennai under a Joint Director.
8. Regional Training Institutes. The Three Health and Family Welfare Training Centres at Madurai, Gandhigram and Egmore (Chennai, the Health Manpower Development Institutes at Salem and Villupuram, The Institute of Public Health, Poonamallee and the Regional Training Centre at Tiruvarankulam constitutes the six Regional Level Training Centres in the State. The Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses at Hosur in Dharmapuri District is categorised as a Specialised Institute. These Institutes impart various training and continuing education courses to the different categories of Public Health personnel.
9. District Training Teams. The Government Order has been received for the formation of the district team for identification of persons who have opted for induction in District Training Team and action is taken to form the District Training Teams.