> Health Education
Public Health Training and Continuing Education
1. Multipurpose Health Workers (Female) Training Course.There are 5 multipurpose Health Workers (F) Training School attached to the District head Quarters Hospitals at Kancheepuram, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram and Tirunelveli Medical College. 30 candidates every six months are admitted in each school. Government have issued orders in G.O. Ms. No. 321 Health and Family Welfare dated 07.09.2001 for relaxing the age limit for the selection of the Multipurpose Health Worker (F) Training Course. Processing is being made to start the course according to the Government Order.
2. Multipurpose Health Supervisor (F) Training Course. The Government order has been received for the conduct of Multipurpose Health Supervisors (F) training to Village Health Nurse (6 months course). A sum of Rs.75,000/- has been alloted for each year towards stipend to the trainees (Rs.250/- per trainee).
3. Pre-service Field and Laboratory Assistants Training Course. The Pre-service Field and Laboratory Assistants Training Course of 6 months duration is being conducted at Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses, Hosur and at Central Malaria Laboratory of the Directorate to the candidates sponsored through the Employment Exchange. After completion of the training the candidates are appointed as field and laboratory assistant.
During the year 2000-2001, 47 candidates have been admitted for the training course.
4. Orientation Training Programme for Medical and Paramedical Personnel Staff. Orientation Training Programmes are conducted for the Medical and Para Medical Staff in the Health and Family Welfare Training Centres, Egmore, Madurai, Gandhigram. 540 candidates Medical and Para Medical Staff were trained in all the three training centres during 2000-2001.
5. Training Course for Newly Recruited Assistant Surgeons. The newly recruited Assistant Surgeons have to undergo the following training courses.
1. One month induction training at IPH Poonamallee, Health & Family Welfare Training Centre at Gandhigram, HMDI, Villupuram and Salem on Public Administration is given.
2. One week training at Anna Institute of Management on Management.
3. Twenty one days training at Civil Service Institute at Bhavanisagar on General Administration.
During the year 2000-2001, 241 Assistant Surgeons have been deputed to undergo the Management Training at Anna Institute of Management.
6. Regional Training Institute of Public Health, Tiruvarankulam. The Institute is giving training to the male components of Field Health functionaries of Public Health Department. During 2000-2001, a total of 180 candidates were trained.
7. State Training Cell. For effective planning, implementation, monitoring and management of Public Health Training and Continuing Education, a State Training Cell has been established in the Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Chennai under a Joint Director.
8. Regional Training Institutes. The Three Health and Family Welfare Training Centres at Madurai, Gandhigram and Egmore (Chennai, the Health Manpower Development Institutes at Salem and Villupuram, The Institute of Public Health, Poonamallee and the Regional Training Centre at Tiruvarankulam constitutes the six Regional Level Training Centres in the State. The Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses at Hosur in Dharmapuri District is categorised as a Specialised Institute. These Institutes impart various training and continuing education courses to the different categories of Public Health personnel.
9. District Training Teams. The Government Order has been received for the formation of the district team for identification of persons who have opted for induction in District Training Team and action is taken to form the District Training Teams.