King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research
:Bacterial & Viral (refer diagnostic & virology sections for details)
- Conducts DMLT 2 years (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology) course for students who have completed their Higher Secondary with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology with annual intake of 50 students.
- M.Sc. (Molecular and Diagnostic Virology) course since 2009.
- Ph.D accreditation in Virology Department.
- Training to MD (Medical Microbiology) post graduate students from Government and Private Medical Colleges.
- Short term project works (3/6 months term) for BE/B.Tech/M.Sc. Students from other Institutions are carried out in the fields of Bacteriology, Virology and Biotechnology.
- Board of Para Medical Education where admission and conduction of Examination are done for 24 Para Medical Diploma and Certificate courses.
R & D Activities:
- For detection of food borne pathogens in VVIP food samples and suspected food poisoning samples – Molecular diagnosis is to be introduced to increase sensitivity and to speed up the reporting time.
- Production of Industrially applicable enzymes from microbes and their Immobilisation.
- WHO collaborative work – In measles and Influenza viruses.