GLOBAL HEALTH COUNCIL CONFERENCE 2003 FOCUSES ON HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The 30th Annual Conference of the Global Health Council (GHC) will be held May 27-30, 2003, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C. (read more)
IT’S BACK: THE RETURN OF VECTOR CONTROL AS A TOOL AGAINST MALARIA
This panel, organized by an EHP USAID Advisor, will discuss current priorities for controlling vector-borne diseases in Africa, … (read more)
MAINSTREAMING PREVENTION OF DIARRHEA IN CHILD HEALTH
Every year, 1.3 million children-under-five die because of diarrhea, … (read more)
HEALTHY FAMILIES, HEALTHY FORESTS: INTEGRATED PROGRAMS
EHP is providing technical assistance to a four-year activity in Madagascar, collaborating with the Association Voahary Salama. (read more)
MALARIA, DENGUE, CHOLERA: ENVIRONMENTAL STRATEGIES FOR CONTROL AND PREVENTION
The global prevalence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. (read more)
IMPROVING MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH IN URBAN SLUMS AND SQUATTER SETTLEMENTS
Global urbanization is unprecedented. (read more)
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN INCOME GENERATION AND HEALTH
This panel moderated by an EHP staff member will discuss… (read more)
VISIT THE EHP BOOTH
EHP’s booth is located behind the Cyber Café. Come visit the EHP booth, #506, at the conference. Grab a latte and swing around to our booth to say “Hello.” (read more)
New Environmental Health Updates
New Malaria Bulletins: April/May 2003
National Consultation on “Improving the Health of the Urban Poor: Lessons Learned and the Way Forward” 30 June – 1 July 2003, Bangalore, India
A national consultation on “Improving the health of the urban poor: Lessons learned and the way forward” is being organized by EHP, the USAID supported Urban Health Program in India, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, on 30 June and 1 July at Bangalore. Read More
This Week in Environmental Health
Below are links to recently published environmental health articles and reports. Click on underlined text for the complete article or report.
Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, March 2003 – ICDDRB
- Aetiology of Shigellosis in Northern Pakistan
- Effect of Chlorination of Drinking-water on Water Quality and Childhood Diarrhoea in a Village in Pakistan
- Emergence of Multidrug-resistant Shigella dysenteriae Type 1 Causing Sporadic Outbreak In and Around Kolkata, India
- More articles
Journal of Water and Health, March 2003 – IWA
- A novel technology to improve drinking water quality: a microbiological evaluation of in-home flocculation and chlorination in rural Guatemala Josefa M. Rangel, et al.
- A large cholera outbreak in Kano City, Nigeria: the importance of hand washing with soap and the danger of street-vended water Yvan Hutin, et al.
- More articles
WHO Bulletin, April 2003
- Editorial: Public–private partnerships for health require thoughtful evaluation, Roy Widdus
- Editorial: The global burden of diarrhoeal disease in children
Umesh D. Parashar, et al.
- Cost-effectiveness of social marketing of insecticide-treated nets for malaria control in the United Republic of Tanzania, Kara Hanson, et al.
- More articles
Tnhealth has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We work mostly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure accurate information. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.